Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Eat. Drink. Tomorrow we fly.

I've thought of more clever titles for my posts before, but I honestly can't remember when....and I'm pretty sure I've never thought of anything this clever, so just soak it in.

Tomorrow morning we leave....ATL - > DC  - > Amsterdam - > Rwanda (spend night in Rwanda) - > drive across the border into Uganda. 26ish hours of travel and we are there.

The last 24 hours have been a whirlwind of saying my last goodbyes to Augusta, going to travel clinics, REI, Target, Great Clips, packing, unpacking, packing again, picking up malaria meds, putting movies on my computer, deciding on the right gum, and never ending lists of things to do.

If you've ever done a big trip like this, you know what I'm talking about. BUT. Everything is packed, purchased, and ready to go, and if I forgot it......hakuna matata.

An amazing adventure is waiting for us on the other side of all this, and it is finally becoming a reality. I am starting to get that Christmas morning feeling.

So as I said before, we are working with Kigezi Healthcare Foundation. This video will give you a good overview of the foundation and the condition of HIV/AIDS in the population we will be working with. We will be working primarily with the maternal and child health portion of what they do. They just had a new hospital open with a labor and delivery ward so we hope to get lots of hands on experience! Check it out.



1 comment:

  1. Spearmint is always the right choice. Also, so excited for you!! and proud of you!! Can't wait for funny videos and awesome stories when ya'll get back!

    ReplyDelete